Travel Talk Seas the Day with Pure Harmony
On Friday May 20th in Southampton, Royal Caribbean proudly launched the largest ship in the world Harmony of the Seas. Costing more than a $1billion, Harmony of the Seas is the 25th ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet and took two and a half years to build. Royal Caribbean International’s 18-deck ship has set new records for length (1,1187ft and over 4 times longer than the pitch at Croke Park), gross tonnage (227,000), width (215.5ft), passenger capacity (6,780) and staterooms (2,747). With a crew of 2,100 from 77 countries, the floating city boasts seven ‘neighbourhoods’, a 10-storey slide that is the tallest at sea, 23 swimming pools, 20 dining venues, surf simulators, robot bartenders, a casino and climbing walls, 11,252 works of art and Central Park with 10,587 living plants and trees! This latest venture by Royal Caribbean is just one more reason why over 40,000 Irish are choosing the cruise in 2016
Listen live here Listen Live Here
Harmony of the Seas will home-port in Barcelona, Spain and embark on the first of 34 seven-night sailings in the western Mediterranean on June 7, exploring some of Europe’s most beautiful locations. In November 2016, Harmony will arrive at her home-port of Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, FL., from where she will offer seven-night eastern and western Caribbean sailings. The newest member of the fleet will join sister-ships Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, sailing from Port Canaveral and Port Everglades respectively, on the east coast of Florida.
HARMONY OF THE SEAS “From” PRICES available from your local travel agent or on www.royalcaribbean.ie
HARMONY OF THE SEAS – 7 Night Western Mediterranean Cruise – September 2016
From €1350 per person sharing and including flights
Barcelona – Palma de Mallorca – Marseilles – Las Spezia (Florence/Pisa) – Rome (Civitavecchia) – Naples.
HARMONY OF THE SEAS – 14 night Atlantic Voyage Cruise – October 2016
From €2090 per person sharing and including flights
Including free Select Drinks Package
Barcelona – Palma de Mallorca – Malaga – Fort Lauderdale – Florida
HARMONY OF THE SEAS – 9 night Western Caribbean Fly Cruise – February 2017
From €1695 per person sharing and including flights
Fort Lauderdale – Florida – Labadde, Haiti – Falmouth, Jamaica – Cozumel, Mexico – Fort Lauderdale
Contact your local travel agent or check out www.royalcaribbean.ie for bookings
HARMONY OF THE SEAS SHIP FACTS:
- A 100-foot drop with The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea, plunging courageous adrenaline seekers 10 stories down from deck 16 to the Boardwalk on deck 6
- 4,700,000 lbs. (2,150 tons) of water in 23 swimming pools, whirlpools, two FlowRider surf simulators and waterslides, including the Perfect Storm, a thrilling trio of waterslides, and the Splashaway Bay waterpark for young guests
- The first double-story Wonderland, the specialty restaurant concept first introduced onboard the global cruise line’s Quantum class of ships delivering an imaginative and whimsical feast for all the senses. Jamie Oliver’s restaurant is also a popular choice amongst the 20 dining venues.
- The debut of Broadway’s hit musical Grease in the Royal Theater and spectacular diving shows in the AquaTheater
- 11,252 works of art showcased throughout the ship and Central Park, a living park in the center of the ship which features a total of 10,587 plants, 48 vine plants and 52 trees, some over 20 feet (6.1 meters) high
- VOOM, the fastest internet at sea, available exclusively to Royal Caribbean guests, which allows travelers to seamlessly stay connected, stream their favorite entertainment, video chat and share their adventures with friends and family at home